Tudor 'Prince Date' Chronograph (Pre-Tiger) - Ref 79280P aka 'Baby Daytona'
This is an excellent example of a rare Pre-Tiger Prince Date Reference 79280P. Better known as the "Baby Daytona" for its curved sides and polished lugs.
This was probably one of the last Tudor Prince Date Chronographs made with Rolex Oyster Case and Winding Crown and not having TIGER on the dial. Very shortly after the release of this watch, the exact same watch was re-launched as a TIGER Woods Co-Branded watch and featured TIGER boldly printed in RED in the 12:00 sub dial. Don't be confused and make no mistake, this watch is absolutely and undoubtedly a PRE-Tiger!
original Royal Oyster Case
- 40mm stainless steel case/case back is stamped with Rolex logos, original Rolex Winding Crown
- Stamped '79280P' in-between the lugs ('P' designation refers to polished lugs)
- Serial Number B930XXX (B-series) dates this timepiece to 1997
Electric Blue Dial
- Guilloche Sunburst dial - (Note dial is without TIGER logo--this is a Pre-Tiger model)
- 'T Swiss Made T' on bottom of dial indicates use of Tritium luminous material)
- striking red chronograph hand contrasts traditional white lume of other hands
- magnified date indication at 3:00
Original Tudor black leather strap, correct vintage and looks great attached to the brushed and satin end links which connect teh strap to the watch. (Underside of strap shows slight signs of wear, top surface looks great). Tudor strap is completed with the original Tudor folding deployant buckle in stainless steel.
The original vintage Tudor leather bracelet and clasp combined with the polished and satin ends link pieces gives this watch a very unique look. Don't let this opportunity to own a piece of Vintage Tudor Rolex history pass you by!!! And make sure to check out that mesmerizing electric blue dial!